Terms and Conditions
Reebok CrossFit Fitness Championship
1. Overview. The 2012 Reebok CrossFit Fitness Championship is a series of eleven (11) separate local competitions (each an “Event”, collectively, the “Events” or the “RCFFC”). One Event will take place in each of the following participating countries: France, Germany, Greece (includes Greece, Croatia and Serbia), India, Italy, Mexico, Poland (includes Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia), Russia, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom (“UK”) (individually, a “Country”, collectively, the “Countries”). The RCFFC allows fitness enthusiasts in participating Countries to test their level of fitness and find out how they compare to others. Each Event consists of three stages of competition; the first stage is the RCFFC Online Competition (the “Online Competition”), the second stage is the RCFFC Competitor Training Round (the “Competitor Training Round”) and the third stage is the RCFFC Finals (the “Finals”). Entrants into an Event are hereinafter referred to as a “participant” or “you” or “your”. References to “your Event” will refer to the Event in which the participant is registered.
2. General Eligibility and Participation Requirements.
To participate in any stage of an Event:
(a) You must:
- At the time of entry, be a legal resident of the Country of the Event in which you register to participate;
- At the time of entry, be the legal age of majority in the Country of the Event in which you register to participate (age 20 for Korea, 19 for Russia, and 18 for all other Countries);
- Be able to show to Sponsor or its designee, upon request, valid and legally accepted form(s) of identification showing name, age and establishing legal residence in the Country of your Event (i.e., a valid driver’s license or passport and a current utility bill displaying name and address) (collectively, “Identification”); and
- Register online at http://www.reebok.com/rcffc (the “Website”) during the Online Competition Period for the Event in the Country in which you are eligible to participate.
(b) You may not at the time of entry or at any time during your Event be an employee, independent contractor, agent, representative, director or officer of Reebok International Ltd. (“Sponsor”), adidas Group, Crossfit, Inc. or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotional partners, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies involved in the administration, judging, development, providing prizes or execution of the RCFFC (collectively “Sponsor Parties”). For clarity, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, directors and officers of Sponsor, adidas Group and Crossfit, Inc. may participate in the Events, provided they are not actively involved in the administration, judging or development of the RCFFC, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. General Code of Conduct.
(a) You agree to compete in a sportsmanlike manner. Unsportsmanlike behavior, including but not limited to, doping, arguing, bickering, fighting, derogatory comments, or other behavior which could bring disrepute on any of the Sponsor Parties, the RCFFC, other participants or spectators, or disruptive actions that prevent other participants from having a fair opportunity to compete, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be grounds for penalty, suspension, disqualification, removal or legal action.
(b) You must comply with Sponsor’s uniform requirements or other restrictions or rules provided at any time during the RCFFC.
(c) You may not wear attire that could interfere with judging your performance.
4. Workout Performance and Requirements.
(a) During the RCFFC, participants will be required to perform designated workouts (each, a “WOD”) in order to be eligible to advance to the next stage or win the Finals.
(b) WOD descriptions will be released either online or communicated in person on-site to all participants.
(c) WOD descriptions will include the following (collectively, the “WOD Criteria”):
- Required movements, including the starting and ending ranges of the movement and prohibited techniques, accessories and/or equipment;
- Required number of repetitions and/or repetition schemes;
- Required equipment (if any);
- Required amount of weight in pounds (if any). For purposes of these Official Rules, 15kg weightlifting bars will be considered to be 35 pounds, and 20 kg bars will be considered to be 45 pounds; and
- Time limit.
5. Video Submission Requirements. Some stages of the Events in some Countries may have the option (or requirement) that you submit a video recording of your WOD performance (a “Video Submission”). All Video Submissions must meet the following requirements:
(a) Video Submissions must be uploaded to a third party video host, such as YouTube, and submitted via a link(s) through the Website.
(b) If you have not uploaded videos before, you are strongly encouraged to become familiar with the practices and requirements of your chosen third party video host before the applicable submission deadline as you are solely responsible for uploading your Video Submission before the applicable submission deadline.
(c) Some video service providers limit file size and/or video length, you should become familiar with these limitations. If your Video Submission exceeds the file size required by your chosen video service provider, you may compress your Video Submission (but not edit it) so that it meets the file size. However, be cautious as a Video Submission that is too small or too poor quality to adequately judge will be rejected.
(d) Video Submissions may not contain:
- Materials that violate or infringe another’s rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Material that disparages the Sponsor Parties or any participant in the RCFFC; or
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws where the Video Submission is created.
(e) Video Submissions MUST:
- Show your entire performance of the WOD;
- Have clear resolution so that the Judge(s) (as defined below) can judge the WOD Criteria; and
- Not be edited.
6. CrossFit Affiliate Validation. Some stages of the Event in some Countries may have the option (or requirement) of having your WOD performance and score validated by a participating CrossFit box (a “CrossFit Affiliate”). If your Event permits score validation by a local CrossFit Affiliate, then you are solely responsible for ensuring you correctly submit your WOD score to the Website by the applicable deadline and properly identify the CrossFit Affiliate that judged and will validate your performance.
(a) The scoring format (the “Scoring Format”) for each stage of the Events shall be based upon fastest time or most repetitions and shall be disclosed on the Website or in-person. Each missed rep, incomplete range of movement (“ROM”), substitution or modification will result in a “no rep” for your WOD performance.
- For Scoring Formats based upon time, participants will be ranked from fastest to slowest. If you no rep a movement you cannot finish higher than someone who completed all of the movements correctly. Similarly, if you no rep two (2) movements, you can not finish higher than someone who completed all of the movements or all but one correctly.
- For Scoring Formats based upon number of repetitions, participants will be ranked by the most repetitions to the fewest. As with time-based Scoring Formats, if you no rep a movement, you can not finish higher than someone who completed all of the movements correctly.
(b) The Events will have one or more qualified judges (individually a “Judge”, collectively, the “Judges”) chosen by Sponsor to review and score participants’ performances in certain stages of the Events. Sponsor will also designate a Judge for the Finals to act as head Judge (the “Head Judge”).
(c) For the Online Competitions (except for the UK Online Competition), your WOD score will be based on the honor system. Your overall rank on the Website Leaderboard at the end of the Online Competition will be determined by Sponsor in accordance with the Scoring Format for the Online Competition.
(d) For the Competitor Training Rounds and for the UK Online Competition, participants’ Video Submissions (if any) will be reviewed by a Judge appointed by Sponsor for each Event to ensure the participant’s performance meets the WOD Criteria and matches the performance score reported on the Website by the participant. Performance scores submitted on the Website may be adjusted by Sponsor based on the Judge’s determination of the participant’s actual performance after review of the Video Submission.
(e) Participants having their performance validated by a CrossFit Affiliate will be judged and scored by the CrossFit Affiliate using the applicable WOD Criteria and Scoring Format. If you submit a WOD score which was judged by a CrossFit Affiliate, the Sponsor or its designee for your Event will contact the CrossFit Affiliate you designated to validate your score. If the CrossFit Affiliate is unable to validate your score or if your reported score is different than the score the CrossFit Affiliate has on file, then the Sponsor or the Judge has the right to adjust your score, a invalidate your score and/or disqualify you without notice.
(f) After all Video Submissions are reviewed by the Judge and all scores validated by CrossFit Affiliates are affirmed for an Event (or in the case of the Finals after each participant completes their WOD(s) and signs their score card), the Judge(s) will rank each participant in accordance with the Scoring Format.
(g) The Judges’ decisions on all matters are final and binding.
8. Stage 1, Online Competition (Qualification).
(a) Overview. The Online Competition consists of a WOD that will be released on the Website at the beginning of your Event’s Online Competition Entry Period.
- All Events, except UK Event. For all Events except for the UK Event, your performance in the Online Competition is based on the honor system. To ensure that your performance is accurate, Sponsor recommends that you videotape your performance or have a friend or fellow participant watch your performance to help you count reps and ensure you follow proper movement standards. You must complete the WOD and submit your best performance to the Website before the end of the Online Competition Entry Period. It is very important that the performance submitted be accurate and truthful. Please do not exaggerate your performance as you will be at a disadvantage if you advance to the Competitor Training Round and you will hurt the integrity of the Event. If Sponsor has reason to believe, in its sole opinion, that your performance was exaggerated, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify you.
- UK Event. If you are participating in the UK Event, during the Online Competition Entry Period, you MUST either (a) submit a Video Submission (See Section 5 above for more details on Video Submissions) and your self-reported WOD score to the Website or (b) have your WOD performance validated by a participating UK CrossFit Affiliate, submit your WOD score and the name of the validating CrossFit Affiliate to the Website.
(b) Timing. The “Online Competition Entry Period” begins and ends on the dates set forth on the Website. The Online Competition Entry Period may vary by Event in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Except the UK Event, advancement to the Competitor Training Round will be based on the ranking of the self-reported scores entered into the Website during the Online Competition Entry Period. For the UK Event, all participants will be scored and ranked in accordance with Section 7 above.
- At the end of the Online Competition, the top sixty (60) men and top sixty (60) women participants in each Event will be invited to advance to that Country’s Competitor Training Round.
- Sponsor reserves the right to require any or all participants that qualify to advance to the Competitor Training Round in any Country, except the UK, to perform the Online Competition WOD in person or via videotape for Sponsor or a Judge so as to verify the accuracy of the self-reported performance before being confirmed as eligible to advance to the Competitor Training Round.
- If you are invited to advance to the Competitor Training Round, you will have seven (7) days from notification to accept the invitation to advance.
- If you do not respond to notification within seven (7) days or are otherwise found to be ineligible or in violation of these Official Rules, you may be disqualified and you will not be able to advance. In such case, or if any participant is unwilling or unable to attend or participate in the Competitor Training Round, then Sponsor has the right, but not the obligation, to invite the participant of the same gender with the next highest score to advance instead.
- You will be required to submit an executed copy of the Release to Sponsor and a photocopy of your Identification before you can participate in the Competitor Training Round or Finals. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
9. Stage 2, Competitor Training Round.
(a) Overview. The Competitor Training Round consists of two phases, a training program (a “Training Program”) and two (2) additional qualification WODs. If you accept an invitation to advance to the Competitor Training Round you will have the opportunity to participate in and complete the Training Program that will train you in the basics of CrossFit to prepare you for potentially reaching the Finals. If your Event offers an in-person Training Program, travel to and participation in the in-person portion of the Training Program will be at the participant’s own cost. You will also be required to (a) submit a Video Submission of your two (2) WOD performances (See Section 5 above for more details on Video Submissions) and your self-reported WOD score to the Website or (b) have your WOD performances validated by a participating CrossFit Affiliate in your Event Country, submit your score and the name of the validating CrossFit Affiliate to the Website. You will not be eligible to advance to the Finals unless you submit your WOD performance as required above before the Competitor Training Round deadline (the “Competitor Training Deadline”) for your Event.
(b) Timing. The Competitor Training Deadline will be disclosed on the Website for each Event.
(c) Advancement to Finals.
- The top thirty (30) qualifying men and top thirty (30) qualifying women participants, based on their rank in the Competitor Training Round in accordance with Section 7 (Scoring) above, from each Event will be invited to advance to the Finals in that Country.
- If you are invited to advance to the Finals, you will have forty-eight (48) hours from notification to accept the invitation to advance to the Finals.
- If you do not respond to notification within forty-eight (48) hours or are otherwise found to be ineligible or in violation of these Official Rules, you may be disqualified and you will not be able to advance to the Finals. In such case, or if any participant is unwilling or unable to attend the Finals, then Sponsor has the right, but not the obligation to invite the participant of the same gender with the next highest score to advance instead.
10. Stage 3, Finals.
(a) Overview. The Finals consists of an in-person competition where participants will compete by performing multiple WODs over the course of one (1) day.
(b) Timing. The timing and location of the Finals for each Event will be released on the Website prior to the end of the Competitor Training Round.
(c) Determination of Winner.
- The winners of each Event will be determined through elimination based on their WOD performances at the Finals. There will be up to three (3) rounds of elimination. Details will be disclosed at the Finals.
- At the end of each WOD, the Judges will score the participants based on their performance and in accordance with the WOD Criteria and Scoring Format. Each participant must sign a score card agreeing to the Judges’ score before the score will be considered official. You may not challenge your score once you have signed your score card. Sponsor reserves the right to make whatever determination it deems to be necessary to ensure the fairness of the Event. The Head Judge will rank the participants scores in accordance with the Scoring Format to determine the participants who are eligible to advance or are named the winners.
- Unless cash prizes are prohibited, Event winners will receive the following:
- First place man and woman, depending on the Event Country, will each receive the following:
- Germany, France, Spain and Greece: $3,000 EURO;
- UK: 2640 BSP;
- Russia: 126,684 RUB;
- Poland: The local equivalent of $3,000 Euros, depending on where winner is from in the region.
- Mexico: 39,000 MXN;
- India: 128,700 INR;
- Korea: 3,375,000 KRN.
- Second place man and woman, depending on the Event Country, will each receive the following:
- Germany, France, Spain and Greece: $2,000 EURO;
- UK: 1760 BSP;
- Russia: 84,456 RUB;
- Poland: The local equivalent of $2,000 Euros, depending on where winner is from in the region.
- Mexico: 26,000 MXN;
- India: 98,400 INR;
- Korea: 2,250,000 KRN.
- Third place man and woman, depending on the Event Country, will each receive the following:
- Germany, France, Spain and Greece: $1,000 EURO;
- UK: 880 BSP;
- Russia: 42228 RUB;
- Poland: The local equivalent of $1,000 Euros, depending on where winner is from in the region.
- Mexico: 13,000 MXN;
- India: 49,200INR;
- Korea: 1,125,000 KRN.
- Event winners may also receive the opportunity to represent Reebok for a period of up to one (1) year following the Finals at up to (12) activities, which include media days, retail store visits, and/or fitness competitions. If accepted winners may be required to sign an agreement with Reebok outlining the winner’s duties. Winners who agree to represent Reebok may receive Reebok footwear and apparel, chosen by Sponsor, which the winner(s) may be required to wear during fitness activities. The participant will not receive additional monetary compensation for representing Reebok.
- For Italy Event winners only: In lieu of a cash prize, winners of the Italy Event will receive the prizes which will be listed on the Website for the Italy Event.
11. Prize Additional Terms. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In Italy, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
12. Tie-Breakers. For the Finals if there is a tie for the top three placements, then the prizes will be divided equally among the three or more individuals with the highest scores. For example, if five participants tie for first place, then the money or value of the prize for the first, second and third place prizes will be combined and divided equally among the five participants. If two people tie for first place and one person has the second highest score, then the money or value for the prize for the first and second place prizes will be combined and divided equally among the two tied participants and the third participant will receive the third place prize.
14. Acknowledgement of Risk and Conduct. By entering AN EVENT, you understand and are aware that the EVENT athletic activities have inherent dangers and risks, including but not limited to the potential for serious personal injury, death OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. You understand that the EVENT athletic activities require a high degree of effort and are designed to be high intensity and are intended to maximally CHALLENGEyour cardiovascular endurance, strength, stamina, flexibility, speed, power, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy AND YOU assume all risk AND responsibility for losses, costs or damages associated with participation in the EVENT.
15. Release. Except where prohibited by law, by entering an Event, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, adidas Group, CrossFit, Inc. or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agent and any sponsors of the Event(s) (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Event or receipt or use of any prize whether or not caused by the negligence of the Released Parties, except for residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury resulting from the Released Parties’ negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law.
16. Limitation of Liability. Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Event; (ii) technical failures or problems of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, computer systems, servers, hardware or software; (iii) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Events; (iv) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of an Event, the uploading, processing or judging of submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Event-related materials; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, misdirected, damaged email, mail, Video Submissions, scores or other content; (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in an Event or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto); or (vii) unauthorized third party use of any Video Submission or other submission made by participant.
(a) Participation in an Event constitutes your agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use your name, city, state, region, likeness, Video Submission, content uploaded to the Website and performance statistics for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any media now known or hereinafter invented, including on the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of the Official Rules, you irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to your Video Submission(s) (if any) and all renewals and extensions of copyright and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including the right to use the same or any and all media whether now existing or hereinafter invented, worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
(b) By accepting an invitation to advance to the Competitor Training Round or Finals, you give and grant to Sponsor and its successors, licensees and assigns, the irrevocable, right, but not the obligation, to film, tape, photograph, record, exhibit, edit, and otherwise use your appearance, voice, sounds, performance and biographical data, in connection with the RCFFC and/or Sponsor’s products or services in any manner in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without payment, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. You agree the Sponsor is the sole owner of all results and proceeds from such film, tape, photographs, and/or recordings and your appearance, voice and/or performance thereon, with the right for Sponsor and its successors, assigns and licensees to use the same and any portion thereof, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter devised, for exploitation of the RCFFC and/or Sponsor’s products/services, except where prohibited by law.
18. Disputes. The RCFFC is governed by the laws of the Germany and all claims must be resolved in Germany.
19. General Terms. Unless otherwise expressly stated herein, all participants are solely responsible for any and all costs, taxes and expenses associated with participating in an Event. If for any reason an Event is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of an Event, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void or disqualify suspect entries and/or cancel, modify or terminate or suspend the Event and determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such action. Sponsor may also, in its sole discretion, reschedule, change, modify or cancel the Training Program or Finals due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances outside of Sponsor’s control. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any Event or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF AN EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS – AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Proof of making a Video Submission or submitting a score or other content will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all content and Video Submissions affected by such methods and will be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winners’ or the participants’ statutory rights as a consumer.
20. Sponsor. adidas AG/ Reebok, Adi-Dassler-Straße 1, 91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany.